We will not be spending the holidays this year with all of you whom we love in the states, but we will not be alone. Instead we will be here in Guatemala where God calls us to be. Our hearts and our thoughts are with you but also with those here who have so little but teach us so much about how much more important relationships are than things. This Christmas season, I am reminded that God IS with us…always…through the good times and the bad. God loves us…always! God is LOVE always. God called Jesus to be our example of how to live in obedience to God, to show us how one person can change this world through love for all those around him! It’s amazing when you think about it.
Our lives and our prayers are similar to yours in many ways. Here are some of the things that have been in our prayers this year.
Changes in work/school
- A new school for John and awesome PSAT scores.
- Many improvements in the accounting/financials at Salud y Paz through Jan’s gifts and graces.
- Creation and implementation of a new pharmacy system for me
- How do we as citizens find meaningful and positive ways to support our president when so many of his values and ideas violate our Christian principles?
- – Racism
- – Sexism
- – Greed
- – Lack of a moral compass
- We pray for our country and our world.
- How do we live out God’s vision for our lives?
- Are we where we are supposed to be…today?
- John was bitten by a dog in November. With more than a little effort from a number of people, he received the needed treatment.
- Patients and employees of Salud y Paz
- Life changing events experienced by those we love including death and sickness
- The people of Guatemala and their government
- The people of the U.S. and their government
- The blessing of sharing the mission experience with my family in Guatemala
We love you and we miss you all!
We pray that you may feel and recognize God moving in your life today and always!
You…are a child of God!
Jan, John Edmund and John Lage, Jr.